Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII) is currently seeking to engage an experienced Project Coordinator to lead the implementation of GII’s Community and Provider driven Social Accountability Intervention (CaPSAI).
The proposed project builds on and contributes to a growing, but limited work that aims to better understand how social accountability and participatory processes in the context of family planning (FP) services contribute to the greater achievement of sexual and reproductive health, improve quality of care and contraceptive uptake as well as use in FP services. The process informing the CaPSAI approach builds on community scorecards (CSC), citizen voice and accountability projects which have been implemented and evaluated by other organisations. The project will be implemented jointly by GII and Population Council.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct all preparatory work to get the buy-in of National, Regional, District Health Authorities, District Assembly, Health Centres and CSOs Coalition on Health to the process;
- Produce an inception report clearly articulating how community scorecards can be used to achieve the purpose and who will be involved;
- Implement a community scorecards at each of the 8 selected health centres;
- Implement the community scorecards process working together with key partners and stakeholders;
- Together with Population Council and District Officials conduct reviews/follow-up meetings;
- Provide support and mentoring to facilitators and stakeholders in a community scorecards process;
- Complete the pre-implementation and post-implementation plans for the CaPSAI manual;
- Using national, regional and international platforms share the learning of how the application of the CSC has been able to enhance the contraceptive uptake as well as use in FP services.
Qualification, Experience and Skills requirements
- A Master's degree in either Public Health, Social Work or any related field with extensive experience in community mobilisation and sensitisation strategies;
- At least 5 years working experience in project management and community mobilization with a focus on Social Accountability in health services delivery;
- Demonstrable experience with citizen driven accountability approaches in Ghana;
- Deep understanding of health centres and community based health planning and systems (CHPS);
- Good understanding of the decentralisation process and key district actors;
- Capacity to design, plan, monitor, evaluate, train, mentor and transfer skills of participatory governance (Community Scorecard in particular);
- Ability to plan and implement project activities independently, with minimum supervision
- A good team player and excellent communication skills to manage relationships
- Strong facilitation and report writing skills;
- Preparedness to travel frequently;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web and Outlook);
- Excellent command of the English and Akan languages.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send a CV (maximum 3 pages) together with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) not later than February 15, 2018 to:
The Executive Director
Ghana Integrity Initiative
P.M.B, CT 317, Cantonments, Accra
By hand delivery:
House No. 21 Abelenkpe Road,
Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted